Friday, May 7, 2010

A "graduation" of sorts

So, I've been continuing to do really well and have been feeling, dare I say it, pretty 'normal.' As in happy. And relaxed. And really, genuinely enjoying my time with the baby, my work, my hobbies, my family, my husband and all the goodness that is my life.

Really, the only thing I'm actively worrying about these days is the possibility of feeling crappy again. The brain always comes up with something, doesn't it?

I met with Ron, my delightful (he really is!) therapist on Monday this week and he had me fill out a questionnaire about my current symptoms. Not only do I not meet the diagnostic criteria for depression (woot!), my OCD is now considered at "sub clinical" levels. So, we're going to go a month between sessions and see how I do on my own. I have a variety of exercises to work through and will continue to plug my way through my book on obsessive thinking. So the training wheels have come off! Wish me luck! If I end up a sobbing mess in Ron's office (um...not that that has ever happened or anything) in the next couple of weeks, I'll let you know.

On Monday I have my next appt.with my psychiatrist for a med check-in. All seems to be well with my current dose of Zoloft, so I will be interested to see what she thinks. My first visit with her was kind of sucky, so I'm hoping this meeting goes well. I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

  1. Hi I found your blog on another board. I'm glad to hear things are going well. I've filled my prescription of Zoloft and am waiting to take it this weekend. I've never had anxiety/OCD until my daughter was born so this is all new to me. I am interested in hearing about your progress and am hoping for the same for me!

    ReplyDelete